OPEN UP YER EYES, GET A GRIP OF YERSELF INSIDE

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Just a small donation....?!?!?

Before my brother went to South Africa, he visited a guitar shop that is down the street from me and was chatting to the guy, Morris, who owns the shop. They got on the topic of South Africa, and he offered Daniel a few guitars, for free, to donate to the orphanage. He kept his word, except it ended up being 13 guitars plus cases, all a donation. Pretty amazing stuff. I must point out this guy is not a Christian, this was no word from the Lord. Daniel sent us a photo from South Africa of him and the kids with the guitars. We gave a copy of the photo to Morris, who put it up in his shop. The rep of the company Morris buys his guitars from was in the shop the other day and saw the photo. He asked 'would Daniel like some more guitars?' Morris replied, 'I dont know, I'll ask him because he's back in town.' So Daniel went into the shop this morning and was asked if he needed more guitars. The answer was no, because he's not there anymore and they dont need more guitars. However, he did point out that I was going to Colombia to do similar work in a few months. 'So,' Morris asks, 'would I like some guitars donated?' 'Yes, of course.' I've never even met Morris and he's going to donate some guitars, plus maybe some other instruments!! How insane is that. He has such a heart, I wish he were a man of God! I couldn't believe it when Daniel told me that this afternoon after I got home from work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Does he have a saxophone that he would like to generously give to Philip Duncalfe's Charity for Philip Duncalfe. Seriously though - Thats really cool that someone can be so generous and be backed by the representatives of the company.

11:08 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home