OPEN UP YER EYES, GET A GRIP OF YERSELF INSIDE

Friday, September 29, 2006

My rainy day, all full of loud ringing

Woke up at 7:50am in time for the 8am fire drill.
Is it not cheating if they pre-warn us about a fire drill?
Stood outside for 15 minutes with everyone else from my halls, some people obviously having just dragged themselves out of bed.

Walked up to the campus and had an introductory morning to nursing, lots of people talking to us about things I don't remember now. Went to the disecting room and saw some half heads.

Walked to the Medical building to find out I had already signed up for the I.T test I want to take. Unnecessary journey.

Started walking home and bought a second hand anatomy book. Very hungry by this point.

Realised I have no food and really need to go shopping. Buy a chicken tikka wrap, an apple and some skips for my lunch. Eat and watch Bill Bailey - Part Troll.

Walk back up to campus in the pouring rain and in my gorgeous new boots and get lost trying to find the registry office where they had a nice big fat cheque waiting for me - first bursary payment. Walked round in circles between the 2 quadrangles and then walked across the road to the information desk and found out the registry was one of the only places I hadn't checked while wandering aimlessly round the quads.

Went to the bookshop and bought a white coat and 2 bottles of water.

Walked to gym and signed up - more money but is very cheap for a years membership. Saw Helena and Sinead coming out of gym so started to walk home with them.

Walked to the (better) union and signed up. Had my photo taken and I think my hair was pretty bad because of all the rain.

Finally got home ready to crash and then went out again and walked to the doctors to register. Thankfully didn't involve any money.

Got home in time to watched Neighbours and got 10 minutes into it when the fire alarm goes off again. 2 in 1 day...are you kidding me? Found out I know the person responsible - she was straightening her hair. That is how sensitive these fire alarms are. Went back inside and finish watching Neighbours but didn't understand.

Came upstairs. 4 flights up. Legs hurt, too much walking today. Now Sarah is ordering pizza, chicken and potato wedges for some people in our kitchen. Lovely. Going to the (better) union tonight hopefully, could well do with a good night out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home