OPEN UP YER EYES, GET A GRIP OF YERSELF INSIDE

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Desperate v. Selfish?

This is my sixth day away from home and already I'm facing a dilema. How often should I contact home? If I were to email every day or every other day, would that seem desperate and like I'm not getting on with life and enjoying myself and all I can focus on is getting home? I dont want that. If I send out an email to everyone more than once a week (or two weeks) will people get bored of what I'm writing? Will they get annoyed if I dont write every week? Do I write seperately to everyone a lot, a little, just send out block emails that are slightly more impersonal? Where do you draw the line between being desperate and being selfish and not writing? I know I've got loads of time to sort this out. Maybe its coz I'm still on h0liday and dont have anything to do so I've been in contact with home a lot. I'm assuming that will change next week when I'm actually in Colombia!

I did yoga yesterday. I enjoyed it. It was tough on my stomach muscles but I like excercising, I wish I had the discipline to do it more! I used to be really healthy and active and then England happened and that all went down the drain. Maybe I'll set myself a few targets while I'm away:

1. Make sure I read my Bible EVERY day. I'm hopeless at doing it, and then wonder why I feel distant from God at times. Theres a simple solution - give up the battle inside to not read it and just do it!

2. Excercise reguarly - I'm sure living with 100 kids will give me some excercise and my arm muscles will probably improve from picking up lots of small children.

There we go, I'm gonna get off my lazy arse and start doing things. I just have discipline and motivation and initiative to do anything - I know fine well what I should be doing, I'm just hopeless at actually doing!

No alcohol for 6 months? I can do it, I know I can! How much do I sound like I need an AA meeting? Fact is I dont. But I do like to have a drink. I'm glad I cant get drunk for a long time, only good can come from that! But a cold beer at the end of a day is nice. We all know it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Hey, good luck with the no alcohol lol. Just so you know, if you turn on word verification in your blog settings it will stop you getting spam comments. Enjoy yourself and God bless.

11:45 am

 
Blogger the pink midget said...

Hehehehe....Suz, you make me laugh. And you also make me realize how much people have changed...since that long long time ago in Uka when we were all dorky and goofy...and it makes me miss everyone of you!!!! But not in a sad way... :)

9:26 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home