OPEN UP YER EYES, GET A GRIP OF YERSELF INSIDE

Monday, May 22, 2006

The life of a dish washer/waitress is......

BORING!!!!!

Just got in from 5 hours dishwashing. Life is insane. Give me Pre-Jardin any day. Actually no...I don't mean that. I love them. Really I do. They're just.....difficult. Rebellious. They like to run away from me. I am having difficulty typing. I think I'm very tired.

Went to the job office this morning. Signed on for the first and last time, then signed off. I will get 1 weeks job seekers allowance. But that money will make a huge difference!

I'm bored. I know I have stuff to do now, but it isn't exactly mind stimulating stuff. I guess thats what the difference in Colombia - it was hard to get bored with my work because it was constant, challenging mind stuff. Teaching English - not my strong point! So it took a lot of creative energy (all I posessed) to prepare those lessons. And it was constant Spanish which again isn't a natural thing, constant figuring out these kids, constant...doesn't matter about that one, constant....mind stimulation! Not getting that from serving tea and bread and washing dishes. Oh well.

So I finally figured out how to add a photo page to my blog, so instead of taking up loads of space on here for that, now with one magic little click you can get to my very own separate photo page! Well done me. So when interesting things happen (which wont be for a long time now as my life revolves around the chippy) you can see it for yourself. How very exciting.

Not got much to say really, managed to write quite a bit but it's not overly exciting. I'm greatful for the job, honest, I know its what I need and it's a God-send. Just wish it a) was more exciting and b) involved my kids! I miss them. I know I say that loads. But I'm tired of missing them. Tired of not seeing them. Constantly on my mind, and it is very difficult to have 120 things on your mind at once so it takes a lot of my mind-time. Wish I could give them hugs every day like I used to. When will I see them after August? Who knows. Wrote a few more emails today to people there but still haven't heard from a few people who I'd love to hear from.

1 Comments:

Blogger becci brown said...

Hey Suz, welcome back to England and the land of blogging!! Colombia rocks huh?! I hope to return next summer. The missing bit will get easier, and dont feel guilty when it does, but just kepe on praying and loving those kids. So glad it was such an amazing time for you!

9:32 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home