OPEN UP YER EYES, GET A GRIP OF YERSELF INSIDE

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Suz who? Oh yeh....

It's been months, I know. Nearly 7 months I think. But I was in Colombia and internet wasn't entirely easy. Now I'm back in England, where internet access is far too easy and I seem to be spending too much time here, again.

I spent 6 months and 3 days in Bogota, Colombia, working in a Children's home. Was it worth it? Hell yeh it was. I fell in love with the whole thing. With the kids, with the work, with the passion, with the dream. I'm going back in the summer for 4 weeks. The term 'gap year' is technically how you would describe this year - a gap from 'reality', right? I don't think it entirely applies to this, because this is what I want my reality to be. Yeh it won't be for atleast another 6 years, but, after uni, I really want to move back there and work there. I realised that after having been there about 3 weeks, and throughout the following 5 months, I never lost the dream. I am SO going back there!

For the moment, I'm being quite lazy, staying up too late, getting up too late. might have a job soon though, working in a local theatre.

And then in September I'm heading off to Glasgow to go to uni, studying nursing. What a stress that was. If I learned anything while being abroad, it was this - DON'T APPLY TO UNI FROM A DIFFERENT COUNTRY. I wasn't in control of any of it and it stressed me out no end. But I made it in the end, and everything is sorted. I don't think I could have applied more blindly though - haven't seen the city, haven't seen the uni, haven't seen the accomodation, don't know a great deal about the course - but, everything worked so it must be a God-thing, and my dream is to work in the Children's Vision International Clinic as a nurse. And I can't do that without this 4 (or 3) year nursing degree. So it's gotta be right.

That's about it for now folks! Really, I'm just staying up coz I'm buying a t-shirt off Ebay. And the thing doesn't finish for another 29 minutes. So I'll hang out here. What fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger Alan P Harrison said...

Finally you're back on here! Seems like forever since you posted something! I can honestly *hand on heart* say that Glasgow is quite similar to Newcastle in respect to its layout and the atmosphere.

You really do sound like you've had an amazing time at CVII, and I'm really looking forward to chatting about it over a pint of Dublin's finest.

Walk on sister...

6:20 pm

 
Blogger Phil said...

Glad to see something new on here. Will catch up with you soon.

11:24 am

 
Blogger Mr and Mrs in iMmoral claWs said...

I could really do with a pint of Dublins finest...

10:43 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home